Facebook Messenger is a great place to make first contact with your Facebook connections. Contact via Messenger only requires that a User send you a Message from your Page, so if they have not yet gotten your number or email a User can easily reach out to you for any information they may need.
It is important that you are at least responsive and frequently check your Facebook Messages, however you can also proactively set a Messenger greeting for your Page. This customized greeting will only appear the first time the User begins a conversation, and will appear before any messages are sent. The greeting will appear regardless of whether messages are sent from the website or Messenger App.
Tips and Tricks:
- Facebook will automatically create a standard greeting on your behalf, you may change this
- You can include contact info, but don’t waste your character count on more than one contact
- You have a character limit of 160, keep greetings short and to sweet
Greeting Templates: feel free to use these templates as a starting point for your greeting, the color text is representative of automated personalisation available in the greeting.
- Hi [Person’s first name]! We look forward to helping you with all of your Real Estate needs. If your concern is urgent, please call me at [Your phone number].
- Hello and Welcome! I would be happy to help with any Real Estate concerns, so send your questions my way. My listings can be viewed on my website [Your website].
- Greetings [Person’s first name]! As a Real Estate Agent in beautiful (your area), I would love to answer any questions you may have about property in our area.
How to Get Started:
Head over to your Facebook Business Page, locate and click “Settings” at the top of your Page.
Locate and click “Messaging” on the left side of the screen.
Scroll down to locate “Show a Messenger Greeting”, switch to “Yes”.
Facebook will set a standard greeting automatically (shown in blue), to change this locate and click “Change” under “Yes”.
You will only have 160 characters to use in your Messenger greeting. You can add personalisation by clicking “Add Personalisation” at the bottom and selecting your option from the drop down menu.
In your greeting you can include the User’s first name, last name, full name, your website URL, or your phone number. We suggest using the User’s first name and including one piece of contact information. Remember your contact info is also on your Page and hopefully your Website.
When you have finished creating your greeting click “Save”.