Facebook has been pushing their Live capability for quite a while now, consistently coming up with fresh ways to keep audience members engaged and bring users on over to Facebook Live. People already comment 10 times more on Facebook Live videos than regular videos and Facebook is working to hone in on the most effective ways to grow those numbers even further.
Just this last week the Social Media giant has released two new features. Live Chat with Friends– a feature that allows users to watch Live Video and invite their friends to a semi-private chat. Users in the chat can see and respond to the messages but the Chat with Friends is separate from public comments.
Facebook has also rolled out Live With. Live With allows users who are broadcasting Live Video to invite a collaborator to go Live with them. This means that you can now give multi-person presentations via Facebook Live without being together in person. This feature in particular will certainly be useful for Real Estate Professionals.
Live With gives Users (especially busy Real Estate Agents and Companies) the ability to collaborate on video without being physically together- saving you time, and bringing more quality content to your audience to attract leads. Now rather than going Live alone, you could invite some distinguished guests to spread knowledge to your fans.
Here are some ideas for using Live With for Real Estate:
- Invite a professional you work closely with to explain their field and how they can help your potential clients. Do you work with a specific mortgage lender or home stager? Invite them on to give a presentation with you.
- Include more members of your team in Live. Maybe you’re part of a Real Estate Team and you feel that you’re stronger together- go Live with each other without needing to be in the office.
- Have a few guests on in one Live Session and make it a special Real Estate 101 Presentation. You can switch out who is going Live with you, invite more than one guest speaker to give a Live presentation to your followers.
Before going Live, let everyone know in advance with a post prior to the Broadcast. We suggest creating an eye catching image like the one below.
1. To Go Live With another User simply Go Live using the Facebook App (iOS or Android only). Not sure how to Go Live at all? We’ve got the steps laid out here.
Once you have successfully started the Live Broadcast swipe left to view the Live Viewers
2. Locate and tap the thumbnail image of the profile picture of the User you would like to Go Live with. Tap Invite to Broadcast.
Please note that the User you wish to invite MUST be watching the Live Broadcast in full screen mode using the Facebook App for iOS or Android, otherwise they will not appear on the list of Users to invite.
3. The User will receive an invite and you the Broadcaster will see “Inviting”
4. When the User accepts your invite they will join you on screen in your Live Broadcast.
5. To remove the User from your Live Broadcast simply tap the “x” on your Guest’s image.