An aesthetically pleasing and professional cover or banner image is an important part of your Social Media branding as a Real Estate Professional. Having a custom banner made with your specific information or creating one yourself can leave an excellent first impression on a potential new client, that’s why it’s so important to know how to change your cover image as well as all the specifics that go into creation.
- Make sure you are working with larger images as to not stretch and blur the photos in your cover or banner.
- Use legible fonts and a color scheme that is easy to read.
- If it is not a state requirement, do not include your contact information. Facebook prefers users look to the page itself for any information needed.
- Adhere to any guidelines set forth by your state law or your companies policy, if you are having your banner created always let your designer know what you know.
- Implement designs that are both desktop and mobile friendly
Cover Photo Dimensions: 828×465 visible on mobile, 828×315 visible on desktop
Log in and head to your Facebook Business Page, on the cover photo locate and click on the camera icon.
A dropdown menu will appear with four options:
- Choose from Photos– choose a photo you have already uploaded to Facebook either as a previous cover photo or any other image upload.
- Upload Photo- upload a photo file from your computer.
- Reposition– adjust the placement of your cover photo.
- Remove– will remove the current cover photo and leave the space a blank grey, this does not delete old cover photos it simply takes them down.
Choose the option that applies to you, typically “Choose from Photos” or “Upload Photo”.
Once you have uploaded or selected your new cover photo, you will have the option to drag and position the cover. As soon as you are satisfied with the position of your cover photo be sure to click “Save”.
Twitter Banner Dimensions: 1500×421
Head over to Twitter.com and log into your profile. Once you have logged in, locate and click on the thumbnail in the top right corner of the screen, when the dropdown menu appears click on “View profile”.
Once on your profile, locate and click on “Edit profile”.
Click on “Change your header photo”.
Select “upload photo” from the dropdown menu that appears. Select the file from your computer and adjust as needed. Be sure to click “Save Changes” when you have finished.