Facebook recently put out a new app, Events from Facebook. In this separate mobile app, users can easily see not only the events they or their friends have been invited to or created, but also any public events in their local area. Users have the ability to search any area they would like. Actions taken on the Events from Facebook app will be available on Facebook so that even if your friends are not yet using the app, they won’t miss out on any of your Events. Users will be able to track any Events they hope to attend through an in-app calendar that can also connect to your phone’s calendar. Through this app Facebook has made it easier than ever to make sure you are not missing out on any of the local fun, but what does that mean for Real Estate Professionals?
If you aren’t already using Facebook Events to share your upcoming Open Houses or gatherings, you should start now.
By creating a Facebook Event for your Open House’s you can:
- Easily invite any interested parties.
- Get the word out via your social network with Shares and Invites.
- Share any important information in one cohesive location, location, contact information, and any last minute changes or updates.
- Facebook users who plan on attending your event can even ask questions or reach out to you via the comments of a Facebook Event.
- Facebook will remind users who RSVP when they check their accounts, that the Event is coming up so they do not forget.
- You even have the option to monetize your Events and promote them as advertisements. With this feature one can create a custom audience specific to their needs. Remember that Facebook Ads are not free to send out, but they can be worth the cost.
We already know that 76% of internet home-buyers drove by or viewed a home they saw online, make sure that you are taking advantage of this trend by advertising your Listings and Open Houses online.
For more information on how to create a Facebook Event for an Open House, please see our blog post.
Facebook Events don’t have to begin and end with Open Houses though, you can even have Live Virtual Events. Advertise any special Live Streaming you will be doing by creating a Facebook Event. Find out more about creating Live Video’s here.